Days of Grace with Heart of a Mother
Since 2015 I have been hosting Day of Grace retreats 2-3 times a year for Catholic homeschooling moms in my local communities. They have been a tremendous blessing to me and to the women who have attended, providing both the solace of personal prayer and the inspiring practical conversations that help mamas bloom on this journey.
My inspiration to begin these retreats were the Grace Days™ gatherings my dear friend Maureen and her friend Michele began. Over the years, I have fine-tuned my day-retreat model to be simple and effective, ensuring we have equal time for quiet and sharing throughout the day.
Then when we had to cancel our in-person gathering in August 2020, I wrote my first DIY Retreat as a gift to my local and online communities. The positive reaction to that guide motivated me to write additional Busy Moms' Retreats which can be used individually or as a group.
What is a Grace Days event?
Grace Days™ is an initiative started by Michele Quigley and Maureen Wittmann in February of 2015. It is our hope to help Catholic women find God's grace in their vocations and in their everyday lives through fellowship, prayer, and reflection. Our aim is to facilitate local, face to face, fellowship and spiritual nourishment for Catholic homeschooling mothers.
We have placed this initiative under the patronage of Mary, the Mother of God and submit it to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church in union with the Holy Father the Pope and the bishops in communion with him.
Grace Days™ often include: Mass, 2-3 speakers, silent prayer, group prayer, Confessions, small group discussions, social time, large group discussions, Eucharistic Adoration, and fellowship. Special touches, such as chocolate, coffee, tea, flowers, candles, tablecloths, gardens, good food, etc., are important ways we speak to our femininity at these events.
Days of Grace in DFW
(Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas)
All Catholic homeschooling mothers are invited to join us for a refreshing day of spiritual nourishment and cultivated conversations! Our days usually begin with Mass followed by a potluck breakfast, time for reflection and prayer, Eucharistic Adoration, time for discussion, lunch and dessert, networking, and more! Our mornings generally focus on spiritual matters while the afternoons are full of practical tips.
A non-refundable registration fee covers the facility, speakers, lunch, and supplies, but we welcome additional donations of time, talents, and treasure to keep this fee low. Nursing babies are always welcome as are tween/teen girls willing to serve the mothers who attend.
If you are interested in being notified when the next Day of Grace retreat will be held in Dallas-Fort Worth, please contact Jenny at dfwdayofgrace at gmail dot com
Past DFW Days of Grace
- January 28, 2017 at St. Mary the Virgin, Arlington - Grace for Moms with speakers Fr. Prentice Dean and Rebecca Frech
- October 14, 2017 at Nazareth Retreat Center, Grand Prairie - Bloom Where You're Planted with speakers Fr. Fergal O’Guill, LC and Michele Vina
- January 27, 2018 at Nazareth Retreat Center, Grand Prairie - Remain Here: Sanctifying the Present Moment with speakers Sr. Elinor Gardner, OP and Rebecca Frech
- August 18, 2018 at Nazareth Retreat Center, Grand Prairie - First Comes Love: Managing Realistic Expectations with speakers Fr. Manuel and Kathi Boor
- January 19, 2019 at Nazareth Retreat Center, Grand Prairie - Hebrews 12:1-2 with speakers Fr. Jason Wooleyhan, TOR and Mom Panel
- May 4, 2019 at Nazareth Retreat Center, Grand Prairie - Interior Peace: Finding God When It’s Loud and Busy All Around with speakers Fr. Michael Picard, LC and Mom Panel
- August 24, 2019 at Nazareth Retreat Center, Grand Prairie - Joyful Witness: The Most Important Lesson with speakers Fr. James Yamauchi and Mom Panel
- January 25, 2020 at Nazareth Retreat Center, Grand Prairie - Peace! Be Still! with Guided Meditation and Roundtable
- June 19, 2021 at Lamplighter Farm, Sunset - He Restores My Soul: Psalm 23
- August 7, 2021 at Nazareth Retreat Center, Grand Prairie - Awesome Is God; He Gives Strength and Power to His People
- August 21, 2021 at Jenny's House - He Restores My Soul: Psalm 23
- January 29, 2022 at Nazareth Retreat Center, Grand Prairie - Be Transformed... with speakers Fr. Fergal O’Guill, LC and Mom Panel
- August 20, 2022 at Nazareth Retreat Center, Grand Prairie - Anything Worthy of Praise with speaker Fr. Kenneth Bolin
- January 21, 2023 at Nazareth Retreat Center, Grand Prairie - A Mother First