I'm Jenny, a Catholic homeschooling mom who is passionate about encouraging and connecting mothers through their homeschooling journeys both online and in my local community. I live in North Texas with my husband of 24 years, my four wonderfully unique children, ages 10-21, and our 2 cats. I homeschooled my oldest two children all the way K-12 and currently homeschool my remaining boys in 7th and 5th grades. My homeschool philosophy is "whatever works" but my heart is in literature-based learning and a Charlotte Mason approach.
My Heart of a Mother Facebook group connects over 5500 Catholic homeschooling moms from around the world to share their wisdom and experiences, and my Bloom Homeschool Consulting business has both one-on-one and group coaching options for Catholic mothers. I also host local mom retreats, park days, and other gatherings for Catholic homeschoolers in the DFW area through HOME: Heart of Mary Educators.
When I'm not homeschooling or talking about homeschooling, you will most likely find me volunteering at my children’s Irish dance school or putting my feet up with a detective novel and a chai latte or glass of red wine! I love to reflect on all aspects of homeschooling through the lens of our incredible Catholic faith and hope that I can support you on your homeschooling journey!
My experiences as a Catholic homeschooling mom have taught me that:
- Our Catholic faith is the most essential aspect of our family's life and homeschooling journey.
- We submit to the teaching authority of the Magisterium of the Catholic Church to gain true freedom.
- In homeschooling, there are very few absolutes and many options.
- There is no one right homeschooling curriculum or philosophy.
- Homeschooling families should be free to find the approaches that work for them.
- No approach works forever in homeschooling or family life; everything changes, and we must adapt.
- All parents are capable of homeschooling but not every family should homeschool.
- Parents are and should behave as the primary educators of their children.
- Asking for help is brave and essential.
- Encouragement is grace.
And that's why I created Heart of a Mother and Bloom Consulting! So that YOU can find the ongoing encouragement and support you need regardless of your curriculum choices and in light of your unique family. Thanks for stopping by! I hope you find what you need and/or that you send me a message below with your specific questions! God bless!